Wednesday, 28 November 2012

The Production and the Final DigiPak

Most of the footage was edited by Katie, I included the transitions and added any effect which I thought would look good and make the video better. I think the shots are still too long, but unfortunately, due to the time, we couldn't film anymore as the continuity of the day light and the weather would have been awful.

The majority of photos that we used were Katie's. One of them were mine. This was due to lighting situations and the type of cameras that we were using. I did the majority of the editing of the photos, make them lighter or darker, changing the exposure of them. Katie did most of the text and font for the posters, CD, and digipak. 

The image of the CD is a 'hand-heart' This was my idea, and it links back to the song. Another advantage is that our target audience is teenage girls, and this seems to be a popular symbol for that age range.  Once I had taken the photo, I edited it by deleting the background, adding a black line around the hands to add emphasis on them. We put the edited version onto a template of the CD. We put it onto a maroon coloured background which looks quite good. 

This is the unedited version of the heart. We wanted some light on it so that it was clear and visible. The background is messy, but we wanted it on a white background to start with anyway, this soon changed.

This is the half edited version of the heart. There is a thin line outlining the hands, and I got rid of part of the hand to make the shape more round. I also made it darker and tinged the skin orange slightly. This looks good because it stands out but it would fit in with the theme of the music video.


We eventually decided on a maroon background. Using the Template that was provided we made the hands fill across the CD. We used the same writing as on the poster, so that it is always obvious that they are supposed to be together. The small print at the bottom of the CD is the same on the back cover of the case. The CD 'logo' was also included onto the template so we used that on there as well to make it look real.

The photo for the poster was taken by Katie. the lighting was good because we placed her in a beam of light... Literally. The sun came through one of the Ruin 'windows' as we were doing the shoot.

The greenery looks good behind her because its all a similar colour, making her stand out in here darker clothes and bright hair.

The colour of the font is redish, but it could link back to the colour of the CD. I think we should have spread the writing a bit more because it looks a bit crowded at the top.

The CD cover is of Susanna sitting on a stone wall looking 'whistfully' into the distance. Using PhotoShop I made the photo brighter before Katie added more colour onto it. She added orange making the sky look darker and the photo mirky. The Font is the same as pretty much everything but the CD deisign. It is also a redish, maroon colour.

We used a normal photo for the back of the CD insert. Nothing was done to this Photo as it felt like it would have been too much.

The back of the CD cover includes the small print which is also on the CD, the songs of which the Single includes. The barcode is placed in the bottom right hand corner where most of them are usually found in media. I think the text on the right hand side should be bolder so it is clearer to see. The image is the main focus and because its quite a dark photo, white writing works well, however,  a fair amount of the photo is a white-ish grey colour so I think we could have found a better colour. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home